Saturday, November 14, 2009

HOLLYWOOD IMPACT STUDIOS - News & Updates


We're about halfway through our second semester at The Peter Pitchess Detention Center. We started with 32 inmate/students but are now down to 26. Some were "early releases" a few got "rolled up" (in trouble and kicked out of the program).




It's funny how each group of student/inmates are so different. During the first semester I taught an overview of the script writing process and I watch as most of the men yawned. I almost dropped the class this semester.

I'm so glad I didn't. This semester, same class, but we have about half the inmate/student are so interested in the script process that they've asked for a writing class. It looks like we'll be able to accommodate this request by teaching writing through "Pens in Prison".

No comments:

Post a Comment